An Early Peek: The Sound Between the Notes Photos
Stay tuned for more!
“Music was the thread that connected her across the generations. Through music, she belonged.”
- Page 152, The Sound Between the Notes
Queen of the Owls Photos
Barbara made a number of trips to gather first-hand material on the artist Georgia O’Keeffe for her novel QUEEN OF THE OWLS:
- To the New York Botanical Garden ... where O'Keeffe's Hawaii paintings were on view for the first time in nearly 80 years
- To Hawaii itself ... to experience the astonishing flowers, colors, and vistas that must have stunned O’Keeffe when she visited in 1939
- To New Mexico ... to visit the places where O'Keeffe lived and worked, and to see the desert landscapes she painted
- To special exhibits of O'Keeffe's work at museums throughout the country
Launching the Book
Click images to view larger
With Kathy Murphy, Founder of the Pulpwood Queens Book Clubs
With Ann Garvin, Founder of the Tall Poppy Writers
With Kathryn Craft, author and mentor extraordinaire
Annie Horsky McDonnell of "The Write Review"
With Sue Peterson of "Sue's Reading Neighborhood"
With Tonni Callen of
"A Novel Bee"
At the Pulpwood Queens