Barbara’s Blogs on the Craft of Writing
- Three Aspects of Your Book’s “Aboutness”: Goal, Question, and Premise
- Maps, Webs, and Grids for the Visual-Spatial Writer…and for all of us
- Un-dead Darlings
- Organic Coherence: Enhancing a scene’s effectiveness
- Search-and-destroy or search-and-employ?
- A Protagonist We Can Root For: Likable, relatable, neither or both?
- What to Do While You Wait
- Beta Readers: Who, When, Why, and So What?
- What Makes You Love a Novel?
- Why We Write
- Choosing a Publicist: Ruling-out and Ruling-in
- A Fresh Look at “Writing What You Know”
Barbara doing research for her novel.